Travelling with Children
Travelling with children can be a nightmare but with plenty of planning and foresight you can make it less of a challenge. Sit down and plan where you are going, what you are going to need, and what you can do to make things easier for yourself. I believe that the easier things are for you the less stressful the holiday. Dads & kids are generally able to relax and have a great holiday but sometimes it's no holiday for mom (please excuse the pun!).
General safety suggestions
* See your doctor about vaccinations beforehand, if appropriate.
* Pack sunscreen, hats and insect repellent.
* Be particularly vigilant about the potential dangers of unfamiliar places, such as unfenced swimming pools or balconies. Explain these dangers to older children and keep your eye on younger ones.
* Take all sterilising equipment with you if your child is bottle-fed.
* Avoid animals such as dogs, cats and monkeys to reduce the risk of bites.
* Take a first aid kit containing items that you use at home when your children get sick i.e. paracetamol, thermometer, anti-itching lotion, oral rehydration preparation and plasters etc.